This property is the site of the First Presbyterian Church of Danville and the oldest church in the San Ramon Valley. (The church was established in 1863 as the Central Contra Costa Presbyterian Church and was founded by the Reverend H.R. Avery). The cornerstone for the original building was laid on October 1, 1875 and the building dedicated on June 18, 1876 with 59 members. As part of the ceremonies, the Reverend R.L. Symington planted a California redwood tree in the front of the church. Trustees were Robert O. Baldwin, David Glass and J.J. Kerr; with Elders Joseph Wiley and A.J. Young.
This one story building is one of the few examples of Spanish Revival architecture in the Town of Danville and the only church building of that style. It is a one story building with wood frame, stucco walls and parapets. The major exterior features include the barrel tile roof, arched windows in the front gable, end and wood casement windows. The original church burned down on May 27, 1932 and a new building erected in 1933 which was used until 1951 when a larger church was built on W El Pintado. The tree and a small section of land was donated to the church by Mr. and Mrs. EC. Wiester. From 1951 until 1984 the building housed the Lynn Day School, a specialized school for the handicapped. In 1989, the Town of Danville bought the historic building for use as the Town Meeting Hall and restored it to its original colors of light brown walls with blue and green trim.