Organizations or businesses seeking Business Promotion Grants are invited to submit their proposed promotional activities to the Town of Danville for review and approval.
All applications requesting Business Promotion Funds will be reviewed by the Town to determine if the proposed promotional activities meet the criteria for grant funding and to determine the appropriate grant amount. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. A valid and current business license is required for fund eligibility and for all participating businesses.
Business Promotion Grant applications must be completed, dated and signed to be considered. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of receipt, and should the Town approve the grant request, an award letter will be sent to the applicant via email.
Include a full description of the event. If the event has been held before, also include previous attendance and number of businesses that participated.
The Contact information provided in this application will be used for all communication about this project/event.
To ensure timely payment filling out the W-9 form in its entirety is required prior to submitting for reimbursement. Please ensure a wet signature is included on your form. This form can be submitted now, or when you submit proof of expenditures for reimbursement.
Please confirm all information is correct prior to submission.
Include which businesses will benefit from this event or activity, and how direct and immediate results will be achieved.
Brand guidelines and logos will be provided to grant recipients upon approval. Grant recipients must provide materials that utilize the Town logo for approval prior to printing or distribution.
Complete all sections that apply below.
Include estimated full event/project total including all anticipated operational and marketing expenses.
If yes, include the anticipated ticket price.
Please select which grant(s) you are applying for.
Participating businesses counted in the levels below must possess a valid and current Danville business license. Businesses not based in Danville or non profit organizations may participate in your event, but will not be counted in determining the number of collaborative participating businesses.
Select all that apply.
Business Promotion Fund Agreement (“Agreement”) outlines the understandings, responsibilities and conditions associated with this grant funding. To be considered, grant applicants are asked to review, sign and submit the Agreement as part of the initial application process. If eligible, the Town will send an award letter via email within two weeks of submission.
1. Scope of Project: The Grantee shall utilize the business promotion grant for the express purpose of marketing the project(s) and/or event(s) based on the eligibility and criteria outlined on the Business Funding Support page and the descriptions in the above application.
2. Purpose of Funds: The Grantee understands that the award of business promotion funds is based on eligibility and criteria outlined on the Business Funding Support page, as approved by the Town Council.
3. The Grantee understands that the project(s) and/or event(s) must be open to the public and implemented in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Town’s Comprehensive Economic Development Plan.
4. The Grantee understands that the project(s) and/or event(s) will be evaluated for funding against, and must be implemented in a manner consistent with, the six key Danville marketing attributes: historic, small-town/charming, recreation/outdoorsy, foodie destination, family-friendly, and arts-focused. The marketing and messaging should strive to communicate the key attributes of the six pillars in illustrating the benefit to the community.
5. The Grantee understands that the project(s) and/or event(s) must be implemented in a manner consistent with the branding strategy of the Town. This includes the use of the “#LiveLocallyDanville” hashtag on social media and the Danville/Live Locally logo on all promotion and/or advertising materials, as expressly authorized by the Town. The Danville/Live Locally logo will be included as part of the award letter, and should not be placed at the top of any printed materials, and should not be placed in a manner that implies equal Town partnership in the event. All marketing materials must be provided to the Town for review and approval prior to printing or distribution.
6. One-Time Allocation: The Grantee understands that the award of business promotion funds for any project and/or event outlined in the application above is a onetime funding allocation, without any expressed or implied commitment for any future funding allocations. Grant requests have a maximum cap of $5,000 per event as determined by eligibility.
7. Time of Performance: The Grantee shall utilize the business promotion funds to implement the projects and/or events during FY 2023-24, unless otherwise expressly authorized by the Town of Danville. Once an event has concluded, the Grantee must submit for reimbursement within 60 days or their awarded funds may be made available to other applicants.
8. Method of Reimbursement: The Town shall issue a check for the reimbursable amount awarded based on eligible expenditures and submitted proof of payment. All payments shall be subject to the Town’s Notification of Payment Schedule and Terms.
9. Promotional Assistance: The Business Promotion Grant funding qualifies the project(s) and/or event(s) for potential inclusion on the Town's website and/or social media, at the Town's sole discretion. The project(s) and/or event(s) may be posted at a location and for the period of time that is deemed appropriate by the Town.
10. Hold Harmless: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Grantee shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Town, its officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees arising from or related to the negligent acts, errors or omissions of Grantee, its employees or agents in the performance of this Agreement. This indemnity shall apply to all claims and liability regardless of whether any insurance policies are applicable.
11. Relationship Between Parties: The Grantee is, and at all times shall remain, an independent entity, not an agent or representative of the Town. Grantee shall be solely responsible for all acts of its employees, agents, consultants, members and volunteers, including any negligent acts or omissions.
12. Compliance with Laws and Town Policies: The Grantee and its representatives shall have the sole responsibility of being knowledgeable about and shall at all times use due care to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, ordinances and regulations, and all Town policies and permits. The Grantee shall obtain and maintain a current Danville Business License. The yearly license fee is $150. Grantees whose businesses are government exempt must complete a Danville Business License Application and submit Federal or State documentation certifying that the business is exempt.
13. Modifications: This Agreement may be augmented or amended at any time during the fiscal year within which the Business Promotion Grant funds are awarded, subject to the review and agreement of both parties. All modifications shall be documented in writing.
For more information, or if you have any questions please contact Lianna Adauto at 925-314-3309.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field