Find The Fun in Danville
Danville’s Got Heart!
Take part in Danville’s art contest showing love to first responders
How to take part:
- Download and print the heart template here.
- Color the heart in with a message to all of our essential service workers such Police, Firefighters, grocers, pharmacists, and healthcare workers, to show them they are loved and appreciated for all their hard work.
- Feel free to make "heart art" with any materials you can find at home.
- When the heart art is complete, put it in the front window of your home, or shop, or even in your car window.
- Once the art is up, email a photo to email@example.com to be entered in to the contest.
- The Town will select the top three heart art entries by May 1, 2020 and the top three winners will receive a gift certificate to one of our local sweet shops.
- Help spread the love by posting it to social media and be sure to tag the Town’s social media accounts @townofdanvilleca, @danville.artgallery, @danvilleparksca, with the tagline #danvillesgotheart.
For more information, contact Visual Arts Coordinator Marija Nelson Bleier at (925) 314-3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colander Art
Chalk your Walk Challenge: Use chalk to decorate your sidewalk with encouraging words and designs!
Kids Yoga Video with Sahar: https://vimeo.com/399200425
- Tai Chi with Terence Tang: https://youtu.be/ulc707rqu50
- Rosalyn Lee guides us through some Mat Pilates we can do from home: https://youtu.be/iPNkh2Mam-w
- Felicia Viera’s Pilates instructional videos: https://youtu.be/FD6M7tV9uj0
- I Can Do That theatre video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTTExQB5FTk
- Here are two links from Broadway SF:
- Free Spotify Playlist to Broadway music: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2FIRYBiWU6MPeKWL6BA5yd?si=c4VDy1JfSO-3GlvSywHrdQ
- Experience Theater at Home: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_mddrPTJ_XMDb2lrfxLm6yyLuRtFJpIY
Singing Lesson with Danville Theatre Program Assistant, Celine Ricci: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d42Xo0dGFKg
The History of Opera with Danville Theatre Program Assistant, Celine Ricci: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exm77xAGnEM
Get moving with Skyhawks Sports: Skyhawks Sports Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/skyhawkscontracosta
Check out instructional videos from our Kidz Love Soccer crew! https://www.facebook.com/kidzlovesoccer
Bollywood with Kiran:
Introduction Video: https://youtu.be/Qy5ojCcOMMQ
Cookie Shimmy: Wash your face and hands first. Grab an Oreo cookie or a cookie about the same size. Place the cookie on your forehead. The goal is to move the cookie into your mouth without using your hands. Did you get it?
Cup Stack Challenge: If you have 10 plastic cups available, time yourself building a cup pyramid. You can build the tower with 4 cups on the bottom layer, then 3 cups, then 2 cups and 1 cup on top. How fast can you stack them and then bring them back down?
Defying Gravity: Take 3 balloons or scarves and throw them all in the air. Your goal is to keep all 3 items up in the air as long as possible. What was your best time?
- Nose Mover: Find a coffee table or a surface that is about 6-8 inches wide. Start with a line of cotton balls. How long does it take to push all 10 cotton balls across the surface?
- More National park virtual tours