Does the Town of Danville allow door to door solicitors?
  • All of the applicants information is submitted by Records to the CCC Sheriff's VICE Unit where a background check will be performed. The check will include a Tax collector check and DOJ check. The fee for the Tax check is $60. The background check takes 30 to 60 days to complete.
  • Applicant must submit to fingerprints check (live scan) and provide proof of a Bond to County records. This fee is $57 more or less.
  • The County requires that the solicitor obtain a Business License through the Town of Danville if they are soliciting in Danville. To obtain a business license 925-314-3326
  • Once the solicitor has filled out the County application and obtained a Business License they turn in their completed application to County Records.
  • Once the solicitor has passed the background they will have the option to purchase a 3 month ($15) or 1 year ($60) permit. They will be issued a pocket ID card that they must carry with them when they are soliciting. The front of the card contains their photo and the following information: height, weight, hair color, eye color, vendor permit number. The back of the card contains the solicitors name, address and date of expiration.
  • The solicitor must first obtain a permit application packet from Contra Costa County Records by calling 925-335-1570. This fee is $5.

Show All Answers

1. Do you take credit cards?
2. Where is the Police Department located?
3. What are your hours?
4. How do I get a copy of a police report?
5. What is the emergency phone number that I should put into my cell phone?
6. How do I file a police report?
7. How do I apply for a parking permit?
8. I want a “Fix-It” (traffic) ticket signed off.
9. How do I pay my Danville Traffic Ticket?
10. Who do I contact with questions regarding my Danville Traffic Ticket?
11. How do I pay my Danville Parking Citation?
12. How do I obtain a release for repossession of my car?
13. How do I contest a parking citation or make a complaint against a Parking Enforcement Officer regarding conduct or professionalism?
14. I need to get fingerprints or a Live Scan taken.
15. I want to file a restraining order. How do I do it?
16. Can Police check my house while I am on vacation?
17. I have a motor home (or travel trailer). Can I park it in front of my house?
18. Can I park a semi truck / trailer at the Sycamore Park and Ride or in front of my home? Can I park there overnight?
19. Does the Town of Danville allow door to door solicitors?
20. Where can I drop off syringes?
21. Where can I drop off expired / unused medications?
22. Noise: What hours can construction / repair work be done?
23. Does the Danville Police Department issue background check letters?
24. What is curfew for juveniles under age 18?
25. Where do I get a firearms permit or renew my firearms permit?
26. What number do I call to report a roadside dead animal or an off leash dog?
27. What is the phone number for the Conflict Resolution Program?
28. Where can I obtain a Daily ABC Application?
29. Does the Town of Danville Police Department Register Bicycles?