Highly regarded for her principled, energetic, and idea-driven leadership, Renee was elected to Town Council in 2012. She serves as Danville Mayor for 2021, and previously in 2016.
Prior to being elected to the Town Council, Renee served on the Danville Planning Commission, Danville Historic Design Review, and Danville Heritage Resource Commission. During this time Renee implemented stronger open space guidelines, tightened historic preservation guidelines, and updated two General Plans.
Renee currently represents Danville as a liaison with the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, Danville Area Chamber, Street Smarts, Contra Costa Mayors’ Conference, Tri-Valley Mayors Council, and various Danville Commissions.
Renee grew up in a military family and is the daughter of a retired Command Sergeant Major, who served for more than 30 years.
Renee is a 30-year Danville resident and has two children. Her 33-year-old daughter graduated from San Ramon Valley High School and her 18-year-old son is currently a senior. Her son-in-law recently retired from the military. Renee also has two beautiful grandchildren.
She is a former youth/high school cheer coach and team mom.
Renee maintains diverse partnerships with public agencies, nonprofits, and service organizations, and draws upon her strong leadership and personal involvement to give her a robust perspective on the needs of Danville.
Renee is a graduate of Leadership San Ramon Valley and Leadership Pleasanton. Renee also graduated from the Danville Volunteer in Police Program.
Renee’s approach is proactive and hands-on. Renee remains committed to preserving everything great about Danville including an outstanding quality of life and a well-balanced budget.
Renee’s diverse service reaches beyond Danville and her board positions include:
· Contra Costa Transportation Authority-Director
· San Ramon Valley Emergency Preparedness Citizens Corp-Board Member
· San Ramon Regional Hospital/Tenet Healthcare- Governing Board
· Southwest Area Transportation-Director
· Meals on Wheels Diablo Region-Executive Board/Treasurer
· League of California Cities-Member
· The One Hundred Club-Board Member/Lifetime Member
· Danville Children’s Guild-Member
· On Broadway Gala-Board Member
· Contra Costa County Sheriff's Posse-Member
· Museum of the San Ramon Valley-Auction Chair
· American Red Cross-Leadership Board
· Danville Women's Club-VP of Programs
· Relay for Life-Guest Speaker and Team Captain
· Walk to End Alzheimer's-Guest Speaker and Team Captain
· Impact 100-Guest Speaker and Member
· Lunafest-Guest Speaker
· School Site Council/PTA Legislative Advocacy Member