Danville Youth Council
The mission of the Danville Youth Council (DYC) is to provide Middle and High School students the opportunity to represent the interests of their peers in the Danville area.
The DYC will be made up of members striving to improve their community. Sub-committees are established to complete the goals of the councils.
Become a Danville Youth Council Member!
Applications for the 2020 / 2021 school year will be accepted from April 3rd at 9am to April 17th at 5pm.
Any San Ramon, Danville, or Alamo resident currently enrolled in Middle and High school is eligible to be a member of the Danville Youth Council. The application period for each year runs from mid-April to mid-May. We are looking for people who are:
Some benefits you will get:
- Meet new people and interact with teens from around the valley
- Get involved with the community
- Develop important life skills
- Participate in team-building events
- Learn skills that can be used for college and job applications
- Create an atmosphere where teens feel safe and comfortable to express themselves and their ideas
- Encourage the development of community awareness for middle school and high school issues
- Promote interaction between the schools in Danville
- Act as an advocate for teens in the community
- Create programs and special events that will benefit the youth & teen community
- Volunteer and donate time and resources to those in need and to the Town of Danville
- Study problems, activities, and concerns of youth & teens, especially as they relate to programs of the Town of Danville
DANVILLE’S AMAZING RACE
It’s a race around Downtown Danville with your three fastest friends for the third annual Danville Amazing Race!
Teens in sixth through twelfth grade can sign up a team of four people for an Amazing Race scavenger hunt through Downtown Danville. Participants will receive clues at different locations around town that will prompt them to finish challenges in order to receive their next clue. Challenges include blindfold frosting, improv skits, pop quizzes and more.
The team with the most points will win the grand prize.
To register a team, visit www.danville.ca.gov/recguide
Cost: $20 per team (4 people per team).
Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, November 14th.
For more information, contact Teen Coordinator, Lindsay Gallardo at (925) 314-3403 or email@example.com.