Highly regarded for her principled, energetic, and idea-driven leadership, Renee was elected to Town Council in 2012. She served as Danville Mayor for 2021 and 2017. Renee was recognized as the 2023 Danville Area Chamber of Commerce Citizen of Year.
Prior to being elected to the Town Council, Renee served on the Danville Planning Commission, Danville Historic Design Review, and Danville Heritage Resource Commission. During this time Renee implemented stronger open space guidelines, tightened historic preservation guidelines, and updated two General Plans.
Renee has and is currently representing Danville as a liaison with the Tri-Valley Affordable Housing Committee, RecycleSmart, Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority, Heritage Resource Commission, Friendship City Communication, San Ramon Valley Unified School District, Danville Area Chamber, Street Smarts, Contra Costa Mayors’ Conference, Tri-Valley Mayors Council, and various Danville Commissions.
Renee grew up in a military family and is the daughter of a retired Command Sergeant Major, who served for more than 30 years.
Renee is an over 30-year Danville resident and has two children. Both of her children attended pre-school through high school in Danville. Her son-in-law is retired military. Renee also has two beautiful grandchildren.
An active participant in our schools and youth sports, she is a former youth/high school director of cheer and coach, team mom, room mom and PTA Executive Board.
Renee maintains diverse partnerships with public agencies, nonprofits, and service organizations, and draws upon her strong leadership and personal involvement to give her a robust perspective on the needs of Danville.
Renee is a graduate of Leadership San Ramon Valley and Leadership Pleasanton. Renee also graduated from the Danville Volunteer in Police Program.
Renee’s approach is proactive and hands-on. Renee remains committed to preserving everything great about Danville including an outstanding quality of life and a well-balanced budget.
Renee’s diverse service reaches beyond Danville and her board positions include:
- Contra Costa Transportation Authority-Director
- San Ramon Valley Emergency Preparedness Citizens Corp-Board Member
- San Ramon Regional Hospital/Tenet Healthcare- Governing Board
- Southwest Area Transportation-Director
- Meals on Wheels Diablo Region-Executive Board/Treasurer
- League of California Cities-Member
- The One Hundred Club-Board Member/Lifetime Member
- Danville Children’s Guild-Member
- On Broadway Gala-Board Member
- Contra Costa County Sheriff's Posse-Member
- Museum of the San Ramon Valley-Auction Chair
- American Red Cross-Leadership Board
- Danville Women's Club-VP of Programs
- Relay for Life-Guest Speaker and Team Captain
- Walk to End Alzheimer's-Guest Speaker and Team Captain
- Impact 100-Guest Speaker and Member
- Lunafest-Guest Speaker
- School Site Council/PTA Legislative Advocacy Member