Community events open to the public may qualify for support from Town resources.
The Town of Danville seeks to support community organizations that provide events and activities open to the public. Through the benefit of a recently adopted Community Events Support Policy, non-profit organizations, community groups, and service clubs may apply to receive support for events held in 2024. Applications are open through December 10, and the short application is available online.
Support is limited to available resources and budget. Applications are evaluated against eligibility criteria set forth in the adopted policy, both are available at www.danville.ca.gov/communityevents. Eligibility requirements include:
- Host organizations must be non-profits or local service organizations with mission statements aligning with Town values.
- Events must not compete with Town-hosted events.
- Events must be open to the entire Danville community and not adversely affect Town resources.
- Events cannot provide a significant commercial benefit or be solely for fundraising purposes.
- Events can be hosted by a government agency serving Danville residents, but cannot be held on behalf of or in support of any political candidate or platform.
- Events not eligible for support include private or member-only events, events held by organizations that are not based in Danville, or events held by individuals.
All applications will be evaluated by staff for their community benefit, amount of Town resources requested, availability of those resources, and other factors outlined in the policy. Applications that require minimal Town assistance such as promotional assistance, in-kind support or small sponsorships will be reviewed by Town staff for approval. Event support applications requesting significant support that may impact the Town’s budget or operations will be reviewed by staff and then advanced to the Town Council in February 2024 for review and approval.
Applicants are required to review the entire Community Events Support Policy prior to submitting their request. More information, including the policy and application, are available at www.danville.ca.gov/communityevents.