While storms are subsiding, there are many activities coming up this month to look forward to in Danville.
• Through January 23: Local artists are invited to participate in "Bound for Books, an Artful Book Bench Project." The call for artists is closing soon, so submit your proposals today.
• Tonight: The Town Council will hold a special meeting at 5 p.m. to review and adopt the state-mandated 2023-2031 Draft Housing Element. The agenda and staff report are available at www.danville.ca.gov/agendas, and a live video will be available at the same link once the meeting begins.
• January 20: Classical Music Corner returns to the Village Theatre with operatic vocalist Sara Couden and Laura Jeannin on violin. Tickets are available now.
• January 21: A new exhibition opens at the Village Theatre Art Gallery, with "" From Sand to Silicon Chip: New Technology in Clay." The opening reception will feature a live 3D clay printer demonstration. The artist and their team have been installing the exhibition this week (pictured).
• January 27: Bring your brainiest bunch to Trivia Night at the Village Theatre. Teams age 16 and older are invited to enjoy a fun night of challenging questions.
• February 4: Less than a month away is the 13th annual Recreation Expo & Open House. Explore programs at three different Town centers, through class demos, displays, activities, and a raffle.