July 4, 2022
Historic Downtown Danville
Hartz & San Ramon Valley Blvd.
Danville, CA 94526
July 4th Parade
Monday, July 4, 2022
The Parade will take place along Hartz Avenue and San Ramon Valley Boulevard from approximately 9am to noon, starting at San Ramon Valley High School at Railroad Avenue. To improve logistic management, the Parade route will be modified to end at Town and Country Drive. This adjustment will allow for a simplified street closure which improves logistic management for the Town and Kiwanis, and allows employees, customers, and residents to easily access neighborhood shopping centers and homes off Boone Court. The parade can be seen from either side of the street and there is always plenty of room for everyone!
The streets along and surrounding the parade route will close at approximately 6am on the day of the parade. Please arrive early and plan on parking on the outskirts of town and walking or biking to downtown Danville.
Tentatively, the following streets will be closed:
- Danville Boulevard between El Cerro Boulevard and Railroad Avenue
- Railroad Avenue between Hartz Avenue. and Love Lane
- La Gonda Way between El Cerro Boulevard and Danville Boulevard
- Prospect Avenue between Hartz Avenue and Front Street
- East Linda Mesa Avenue between Hartz Avenue and the Rose Street Parking Lot
- Hartz Avenue between Railroad Avenue and Hartz Way
- San Ramon Valley Boulevard between Hartz Way and Town and Country Drive
- Town and Country Drive between San Ramon Valley Boulevard and the Town and Country Parking Lot entrance
Through traffic may utilize Danville Boulevard from north of El Cerro Boulevard and San Ramon Valley Boulevard south of Sycamore Valley Road West. The parking lots for Danville Town and Country, Danville Livery, and Sycamore Square will be open and accessible.
Sidewalk space is available for bring-your-own-seating on a first come, first served basis after 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 3rd. Unattended seating positioned along the route prior to 6:00 p.m. are subject to removal by the Town. Accessible parking near the parade route is available at the Crossroads Shopping Center located at Hartz Way and San Ramon Valley Blvd. in the back by JD Academy Of Salon + Spa. Accessible seating along the parade route will be offered at the grandstand viewing area at Oak Court and San Ramon Valley Blvd. A golf cart shuttle will be available to transport individuals to the viewing area from the Crossroads Shopping Center. Parade-goers are kindly asked to respect the following:
- Do not block handicap accessible ramps on the street corners or sidewalk access. Please be mindful of those who need to use the ramps as well as local merchants and property owners along the parade route. All unattended items set-out prior to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 3rd are subject to removal. Please note that the Kiwanis Club of San Ramon Valley, Town of Danville, and other organizing groups are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Do not sit in front of the dining “parklets” facing the street as this is part of the right-of-way for the parade participants. Any chairs left here will be promptly removed.
- Chalk and tape may NOT be used to reserve seating along the parade route as it creates a mess and in no way reserves your space. Volunteers and/or Town Maintenance staff may remove these markings and materials as part of the sweep.
Due to noise, crowds, heat, the presence of young children, and nature of the event, we do not advise bringing non-service animals to the parade.
Some businesses in the downtown Danville area will be open during the parade and may offer food and beverages for purchase. Street vendors are not permitted. Parade-goers are encouraged to bring refreshments with them to the parade.
Per Town of Danville ordinances, consumption of alcohol in a non-designated area is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.