This year of COVID-19 has made 2020 anything, but business as usual and is truly uncharted territory for you, your employees, customers and community. Reopening must be balanced with careful planning and diligent follow through to help protect those that depend on you for employment and those that rely on your goods and services.
Town of Danville’s Economic Development team is here to provide additional guidance that can help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 314- 3369.
- Restaurant and Bar Relaunch Toolkit - Including Seating Plans (PDF)
- RECOVER DANVILLE - Back to Business Toolkit (PDF)
- Resource Guide for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- California Roadmap to Modify the Stay at Home Order (PDF)
- COVID-19 Business Response Playbook (PDF)
- COVID-19 Customer Facing Poster - March 2020 (PDF)
Industry Specific Guidance
As California reopens, every business will need to create a safer, low-risk environment. If you own or manage a business, follow the guidance below to protect your workers and customers.
- California Industry Guidance Dine-in Restaurants (PDF)
- Streetsense Pandemic Relaunch Toolkit (PDF)
- COVID19 Reopen Guidance National Restaurant Association (PDF)
- California Industry Guidance: Outdoor Museums and Galleries (PDF)
- Museum of the San Ramon Valley Reopening Protocols (PDF)
PLACES OF WORSHIP
Schools and School-Based Programs
Hair salons and Barbershops (From June 17)
Fitness Facilities (From July 1)
Personal services not involvingthe face (massage, nail salons,tattoo, body waxing, etc.) from July 1
Personal servicesinvolving the face (skincare, permanent makeup,facial waxing, etc.) From July 15
Further Industry Specific Guidelines
The industry-specific guidance applies to businesses statewide. Review the guidance that is relevant to your workplace, make a plan, and put it into action. Post your completed checklist so everyone can know the steps you’ve taken.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RESTAURANTS, BUSINESSES AND OTHER FACILITIES RESTARTING WATER USE AFTER SHUTDOWNS
EBMUD ensures high-water quality for all customers with constant testing and proper treatment. The water we deliver is disinfected, but it’s not sterile. As the coronavirus shelter-in-place restrictions phase out or change, and businesses reopen, managers of large buildings and campuses should take precautions to ensure water is safe and tastes good.