Danville Farmers' Market
Several Farmers’ market suppliers have online ordering and are able to deliver to Danville. Details can be found on the Danville Stores Open During Stay Home Order webpage.
Scaled Back Farmers’ Market to Reopen May 9
After continued study on safety protocols and a modified plan for maintaining social distancing for customers was approved, a scaled back version of the Danville Farmers’ Market is scheduled to resume on Saturday, May 9, 2020.
The Farmers’ Market operates from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the Railroad Avenue Parking Lot.
Rationale for Reopening:
The March 16, March 31 and April 29, 2020 Shelter in Place Orders all identify Farmers’ Markets as essential. The April 29, 2020 Shelter in Place Order now further identifies outdoor businesses as low risk and has permitted those types of business to reopen with specific social distancing guidelines.
The Town of Danville, working with the Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association (PCFMA) will re-introduce the Saturday market, featuring a modified, scaled back format intended to provide essential items while ensuring safety for customers and staff. Coupled with specific social distancing guidelines, the format changes are designed to limit social interaction and discourage gathering or lingering by patrons.
Safety Protocols and Guidelines for Scaled Back Farmers’ Market:
- Reducing the number of vendors to a maximum of 32 stalls (less than half of regular market).
- No entertainment, hot food, etc. will be available so as to discourage lingering.
- Limiting capacity for market entry with social distancing markings throughout the market.
- Requiring face coverings to be worn for all customers, vendors and staff. No entry will be allowed into the market without a face covering.
- Establishing key entry and exit points to the market with appropriate staging areas for customers should the demand volume exceed the social distancing queuing within the market area.
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the market.
- Vendors will be placed over 10’ apart from each other and customer traffic will be organized to flow in a one-way direction.
- Aisle widths will be doubled in size to further increase spacing and allow for greater social distancing.
- Only farmers can touch and bag products. A separate person will take payment for produce.
- Appropriate social distancing signage will be posted along with other necessary market signage to manage customers and market operation.
- Additional market staff will be on site to manage customer staging, lines within the market and monitor social distancing compliance.
- The public restroom at the caboose will remain closed.
For more information, contact Economic Development Manager Jill Bergman at (925) 314-3369 or email@example.com.
Get the freshest seasonal fare at the Danville Certified Farmers’ Market. You’ll find fruits and vegetables direct from local farmers, along with fresh-cut flowers, bedding plants, fresh breads, and delicious specialty food items you can eat in the market or take with you to enjoy at home. It’s the perfect place to stock up for the week, or shop al fresco while socializing with friends.
Visiting the Market
The Farmers’ Market is open Saturdays year-round, rain or shine, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Railroad Avenue Municipal Parking Lot, located at the corner of Railroad and Prospect Avenues.
For the last twenty years, the Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association (PCFMA) has served as the Town’s approved operator of the Certified Farmers’ Market in Downtown Danville.
merchant at the market
Danville based businesses or members of the Danville Area Chamber of Commerce are eligible to host a booth at the Farmers’ Market by signing up for this program through the Danville Area Chamber main office at (925) 837-4400. Space is limited.
For more information about the market and to meet the farmers at your local market, visit PCFMA’s website.
Follow the latest information from Danville’s Farmers’ Market