If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take action to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease. The best way to protect yourself and others is to use many safety tools, such as getting vaccinated and boosted, wearing a mask indoors and avoiding places where COVID-19 spreads more easily. For more information, please visit the Contra Costa Health Services Website.
FREE AT-HOME COVID-19 TESTS
THE DANVILLE SENIOR CENTER
The Town of Danville strives to offer programs and services which provide positive, enjoyable, and gratifying experiences for older adults within this community. Those programs include:
- Senior Monday Lunch Program: The in-person Monday Senior Lunch Program will resume Monday, June 13. View the lunch menus: July Lunch Menu (PDF) and August Lunch Menu (PDF). For more information, please call (925) 314-3430.
- Free Movie Monday: Enjoy a free movie every Monday at 1:00 PM at the Danville Senior Center Community Hall. Email email@example.com for the updated movie list. No registration required.
- Senior CC Cafe’ Friday Frozen Meal Program (PDF): Adults 60 and over can receive 5 frozen meals weekly at the Senior Center for a suggested donation of $3/meal, a total of $15 per week. For more information, please call: (925) 314-3430. Rotating frozen meal menus: Weeks 1 - 4, Weeks 5 - 8
- Special Interest Classes: Programs and activities which provide an opportunity to learn new skills, foster human development, and provide recreational experiences.
- Health and Fitness Programs: Activities that engage your mind and body to improve healthy living.
Danville Age-Friendly RoadMap
Adopted by the Town Council on February 15, 2022, the Danville Age-Friendly Roadmap (PDF) charts a course of action to promote health equity across the life span and enable residents of all ages to stay connected and engaged in their communities.View the Danville Age-Friendly Roadmap (PDF)
For more information, please contact Leah Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 314-3431.
CONTRA COSTA HEALTH INSURANCE COUNSELING & ADVOCACY PROGRAM
Senior programs and activities have Moved to the Activity Guide!
Adult and senior classes and events are now part of the Activity Guide. Check out all the new and exciting upcoming classes for adults and seniors in the Latest Activity Guide. For questions or registration assistance, please call (925) 314-3430.
RESIDENCY STATUS CLARIFICATION
Zooming across generations
Check out the Zooming Across Generations program! Danville Youth Council members, made up of engaging and creative middle school and high school students, had the chance to interview some local, inspiring seniors. Listen to the special guests explain how their careers evolved and what hobbies they have that continue to impact their lives today.