Free tax preparation appointments are available through the AARP Tax-Aide Program. Please call 925- 272-0902 to make an appointment beginning January 17, 2023.
If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take action to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease. The best way to protect yourself and others is to use many safety tools, such as getting vaccinated and boosted, wearing a mask indoors, and avoiding places where COVID-19 spreads more easily. For more information, please visit the Contra Costa Health Services Website.
The Danville Senior Center
The Town of Danville strives to offer programs and services which provide positive, enjoyable, and gratifying experiences for older adults within this community. Those programs include:
- Senior Monday Lunch Program: The in-person Monday Senior Lunch Program has resumed. Lunch is served each Monday at noon. To dine, make a reservation by noon the Friday before by calling (925) 314-3430. Those 60 and older who are dining will need to fill out a NAPIS intake form. Lunch is a suggested $3 donation. $6 lunch fee for under 60 years of age. View the lunch menu: March 2023 Lunch Menu (PDF) and April 2023 Lunch Menu (PDF). For more information, please call (925) 314-3430.
- Free Movie Monday: Enjoy a free movie every Monday at 1:00 PM at the Danville Senior Center Community Hall. Email email@example.com for the updated movie list. No registration required.
- Senior CC Cafe’ Friday Frozen Meal Program (PDF): Adults 60 and over can receive 5 frozen meals weekly at the Senior Center for a suggested donation of $3/meal, a total of $15 per week. For more information, please call: (925) 314-3430. Rotating frozen meal menus: Weeks 1 - 4, Weeks 5 - 8
- Special Interest Classes: Programs and activities which provide an opportunity to learn new skills, foster human development, and provide recreational experiences.
- Health and Fitness Programs: Activities that engage your mind and body to improve healthy living.
Danville Age-Friendly RoadMap
Adopted by the Town Council on February 15, 2022, the Danville Age-Friendly Roadmap (PDF) charts a course of action to promote health equity across the life span and enable residents of all ages to stay connected and engaged in their communities.View the Danville Age-Friendly Roadmap (PDF)
For more information, please contact Leah Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 314-3431.
Contra Costa Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program
Contra Costa Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program provides free health insurance counseling to our seniors year-round as well as monthly "Welcome to Medicare" classes:
Senior programs and activities have Moved to the Activity Guide!
Adult and senior classes and events are now part of the Activity Guide. Check out all the new and exciting upcoming classes for adults and seniors in the Latest Activity Guide. For questions or registration assistance, please call (925) 314-3430.
Residency Status Clarification
For residents outside the incorporated Town of Danville limits:
Each quarter, the Town receives a number of questions regarding the residency status for individuals and families wishing to register for Town-sponsored programs and activities. Those living outside the Danville Town limits include residents of the communities of Alamo and Diablo, and the Alamo Creek, Bettencourt Ranch, Blackhawk, Bryan Ranch, Monterosso, Shadow Creek, and Whitegate housing developments. In order to verify your residency in Danville, you can:
- Look up your street address in the index of the Thomas Bros. Guide; it will state Danville or Contra Costa County for zip code 94506
- Review the information on your property tax bill
- Check your residency status online
The program and facility fees cover a large portion of the actual costs, though Town of Danville residents also partially support the classes, events, and facilities through their property tax assessments. Because of this, those program participants and individuals reserving Town facilities who live outside of Danville pay an additional non-resident charge.
Classes run from March to October. Pre-registration is required. For more information, visit the Senior Sports web page.
Zooming Across Generations
Check out the Zooming Across Generations program! Danville Youth Council members, made up of engaging and creative middle school and high school students, had the chance to interview some local, inspiring seniors. Listen to the special guests explain how their careers evolved and what hobbies they have that continue to impact their lives today.
Interested in working or volunteering for the Town of Danville. View all opportunities at the following links:
Town of Danville Volunteer Opportunities
Town of Danville Job Openings