The Permit Center provides information and assistance to process permits and review building plans and development projects located within the Town. We are currently accepting permit applications by-appointment only and through the Town's online portal (only residential projects and encroachment permits are currently accepted through the online portal).
COVID19 ADVISORYAll construction projects – residential or commercial – in Contra Costa County may now resume, provided that they comply with the Construction Project Safety Protocols:
The Permit Center is currently open by-appointment only:
Monday - Thursday
Permit Center Holiday Schedule (PDF) for November and December 2020.
Please wear a face mask and call (925) 314 3330 when you arrive.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Permit Revision Application (PDF)
- Encroachment Permit (PDF)
- Preliminary Housing Development Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Temporary Sign Application (PDF)
- Planning Application Form (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (PDF)
- Addendum for Owner/Builders (PDF)
- Business License Application Form (PDF)
PERMIT APPLICATION FEE
- Review your zoning and find your setback requirements to understand where you can build. Contact the Planning Division 925-314-3310 if you have questions.
- Review the Permit Directory (below) for Submittal Requirements and project information.
Contact the Permit Center 925-314-3330 if you have questions. Commercial projects can schedule a Business Concierge meeting to receive a specific checklist of submittal requirements for your commercial project.
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District (CCCSD) approval is required for some projects. Be sure to have CCCSD review/stamp your plans prior to submitting an application with the Town. CCCSD approval is required for the projects including the scope listed below but is not limited to:
- Adding, relocating, or removing fixtures to public sanitary sewer system
- Expanding the structure beyond the existing building footprint (e.g. an addition, covered patio, etc.)
- Adding a generator or ground mounted solar/PV array
- Adding an attached or detached structure to the property (e.g. deck, gazebo, ADU, carport)
Only residential projects and encroachment permits are currently accepted through our online portal. In order to submit a permit online you will have to Register an account with the Online Permit Center Portal.
|Submittal Requirements and Project Information|
|New Single Family Dwelling, NSFD|
|Accessory Dwelling Units, ADU |
(A self-contained living unit on the same property as the main home. Sometimes referred to as an in-law unit or granny unit.)
(e.g. sheds, garages, gazebos, cabanas, and other structures that are detached from the main residence)
(e.g. adding room(s) to the main residence that increases the existing square footage of the home)
|Residential Interior Alterations/Remodels|
|Residential Retaining Wall|
|Window/Door/Skylight Replacement Apply|
|Residential Electrical Projects|
|Residential Plumbing Projects|
|Residential New Pool / SPA, |
Remodel Pool / SPA, &
Demolition of Pool
|Residential Roof Replacement|
|Residential Solar/PV System|
|Residential HVAC - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning|
|Multiple Family Units||Development Plan Requirements (PDF)|
Major Subdivision Requirements (PDF)
Minor Subdivision Requirements (PDF)
Planning Application Form (PDF)
|New Commercial Building or Addition to an Existing Commercial Building||Commercial Building Submittal Requirements (PDF)|
|Tenant Improvement||Tenant Improvement Submittal Requirements (PDF)|
|Demolition||Building Demolition Guidelines (PDF)|
|Alarm Permit||Required by residences and commercial businesses with alarm systems|
|Required for any work to be performed in the public right of way|
Encroachment Permit Application Form (PDF)
|Grading Permit||Grading Permit Application (PDF)|
|Sign Permit||Sign Permit Application (PDF)|
|Tree Removal Permit||Tree Removal Permit (PDF)|
|Variance||Variance Application Requirements (PDF)|
|Land Use Permit||Application Requirements for Land Use Permit (PDF)|