Only one week remains for Danville residents to register to vote in the June 5, 2012 election.  Danville City Clerk Marie Sunseri said that residents can register to vote if they are:

  • A citizen of the United States, and
  • At least 18 years old at the time of the election, and
  • Not in prison or parole for the conviction of a felony, and
  • Not deemed mentally incompetent by a court.

Residents should re-register if they:

  • Moved to a new permanent residence, or
  • Changed their name, or
  • Wish to change their political affiliation

To register to vote, complete the Secretary of State On-line Application.  Military and overseas voters can go to the Military and Overseas Voters  web page.

Hard copy Voter Registration Forms can be found at the Post Office, DMV, local library, City Clerk Office or Contra Costa County Elections Office.  It is recommended to phone ahead to be sure the forms are available. 

For more information, contact Danville City Clerk Marie Sunseri at (925) 314-3401 or