Business License Fee Schedule
All businesses serving or conducting business in Danville must have a Business License. This includes contractors, services, or construction obtaining a Town of Danville permit and vendors of the Town of Danville (i.e. consultants, services, or instructors).
The annual license flat fee is $100.00, plus $4.00 state of CA fee (AB1379).
For businesses located within Danville, add $10 per full-time employee or full-time equivalent.
(If you have part-time employees, count 1 full-time equivalent for every 35 hours worked per week and round to the nearest whole number.
The annual fiscal year for a business license is July 1st to June 30th.
New businesses that start during the year are pro-rated as follows:
- Quarter 1: July - September 100% of license fees plus $4 state fee
- Quarter 2: October - December 75% of license fees plus $4 state fee
- Quarter 3: January - March 50% of license fees plus $4 state fee
- Quarter 4: April - June 25% of license fees plus $4 state fee
Home-based businesses must also submit a Home Occupation Application with the Business License Application.
Renewal fees are due by July 1st. Penalty charges of 25% of the billed amount will be assessed on August 1st and interest charges at 1.5% will be added each month after September 1st.
- $25 Transfer of license or duplicate license