During this busy time of year, don’t make it easy for burglars, thieves and pickpockets. Crooks love the holidays as much as everyone else, as they know it can be an opportune time to commit a crime. Here are some tips to help celebrate safely this holiday season:
If You’re Out Shopping
- Stay alert and be aware of what’s going around on around you.
- Park in well-lighted areas.
- Put shopping bags and gifts in the trunk.
- Be aware of your purse and wallet, especially when in crowds.
- Only carry a minimal amount of credit cards when out shopping.
- Avoid carrying large amount of cash with you.
When Away From Home
- Put lights on an automatic timer.
- Have the mail and newspapers stopped.
- Ask a neighbor to watch your house.
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked.
The holiday season is a time of celebration. Drinking and driving is a danger to everyone on the road. Remember the risk isn’t worth it –if you choose to drink alcohol at a party, don’t drive. Take a cab, public transportation, or have a designated driver. Have fun, but celebrate responsibly.
For more information, contact Crime Prevention Specialist Mike Wells at (925) 314-3707 or email@example.com.