Businesses in Danville are being warned to take extra precautions, following a trio of recent commercial burglaries. Danville Police Lt. Jeff Moule said officers are putting extra attention into the downtown business district during the evening hours following burglaries on Oct. 15, 2010 at Lifestyle Chiropractic, 417 Front St., Oct. 21, 2010 at Something Old/Something New, 155 Railroad Avenue and Nov. 7, 2010 at Christe James Jewelers, 412 Hartz Avenue.
Moule said that in those instances, burglars broke into the stores and took undisclosed items. All three cases remain under investigation.
Danville police say there are things that business owners can do to help minimize the risk of any further commercial burglaries. These include:
- Be sure all doors and windows are locked when closing up.
- If the building has an alarm, always set it before leaving.
- Store items of value in a safe place overnight.
- Understand and maintain all video surveillance systems. Know how to record, save and download videos captured by cameras.
- Periodically update surveillance equipment. Newer equipment has better video resolution and definition, helping police identify suspects.
- Be observant, watch for any suspicious individuals in or around the business.
Any person with further information on these commercial burglaries is encouraged to contact Detective Ben Alldritt at (925) 314-3700 or email@example.com.